Newton Burgloand village is located approximately 6 miles south of Ashby De La Zouch. At the heart of the village is The Belper Arms public house dating back to 1290 and believed to be the oldest pub in Leicestershire. The place name was first attested in the Domesday book of 1086 where it appears of a Neutone and was referred to Neuton Burgilon in 1390. The name 'Newton' means 'new homestead' or 'village'. The 'Burgoland' element refers to the Burgilon family, the name meaning Burgundian'.
In addition to the village pub there is a local shop/post office and primary school.
Newton Burgoland lies 2.5 miles to the south of the A42 dual carriageway to the M1 motorway corridor and East Midlands conurbations beyond. Birmingham, Nottingham, Derby and Leicester are all within commuting distance together with Nottingham East Midlands airport and Birmingham International airport adjacent to the NEC arena. Main line rail links to London are well catered for at both Tamworth and Nottingham and East Midlands parkway allowing the commuter to reach the city centre within 70 minutes.
Newton Burgoland has a primary school named 'Newton Burgoland primary school' which feeds in to Ibstock Community College.